Saturday 16 May 2009

Bizarre Beach Sights

Chicken Wing flapper
She stands facing the sea, staring fixedly (with her oriental eyes) at a point on the horizon. Her knees are slightly bent, her feet are spaced apart, arms bent. She flaps her wings, up and down, up and down.
Frisby whizz
Well muscled and glistening, his rottweiler in tow on a very tight leash, he strides from one end of Sunset beach to the other in his speedo, proudly strutting his stuff. He ties up his dog and plunges into the sea. He emerges dripping and reaches for his orange frisby. Then the magic begins. He dazzles with his skill, spinning it, boomerang like, under a leg, over an arm, around his head, over and over.

Here’s a picture of his turf.

Sea Strider
With eyes focussed on a distant point, his feet taking big steps on the sandy bottom, arms akimbo, he strides along in the sea parallel to the beach.

Skew swimmer
She’s trying to swim breast-stroke, in her big ‘swimming pool’, but one foot keeps splashing out of the water. She does 100 strokes. Now she attempts back-stroke. She’s looking up at the clouds and counting to 100. She’s swimming skew but she doesn't realize this. At 85 her bottom hits sand. She’s right at the water’s edge.
Nobody notices or cares. Here, you’re free to do pretty much whatever you want.
Here’s a picture of her big ‘swimming pool’.

5 comments:

Rofes Deportes said...

I saw your blog and I like it. Iam cuban, but I live in Los Angeles, California, USA. I would like change links with you. I have 2 blogs:

www.pasajedeportivo.blogspot.com

http://del-verde-caiman.nireblog.com

Greetings
I hope you respond soon

Rafael

Rofes Deportes said...

I saw your blog and I like it. Iam cuban, but I live in Los Angeles, California, USA. I would like change links with you. I have 2 blogs:

www.pasajedeportivo.blogspot.com

http://del-verde-caiman.nireblog.com

Greetings
I hope you respond soon

Rafael

Unknown said...

Hi,

I would love to move to the Seychelles also, it seems not a lot of people do, because I can't find any info anywhere. Maybe you could send me an e-mail with more info and formalities about emigrating to the Seychelles?

Thank you!
Hilde

baresytapas.es said...

I came to this blog by accident, but I found very interesting. Greetings to all the people who visit this page.

http://www.baresytapas.es

joe said...



My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Seychelles and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe Pinzone
Casting Producer
P: 212-231-7716
Skype: Joefromnyc